Watch films incorporating themes related to the rescue of Jews during the Holocaust; our Museum will be happy to provide you with information on both Polish and foreign films on this subject, including both documentaries and feature films. Each item pertaining to a specific film includes a brief description and a plot summary.
- Sprawiedliwi, Krzysztof Mironowicz, Towarzystwo im. Edyty Stein, Polska
- Sprawiedliwi, Maria Wiśnicka, AW Film Studio, Telewizja Polska - II Program Zespół Reporterów, Poland, Documentary film, 45 min.
Stories of Poles who extended help to Jews and the fate of the survivors. In addition to many individual stories, the film includes a conversation with Samuel Krakowski, from the Yad Vashem Institute, who talks about the Polish Righteous.
- Sprawiedliwi wśród..., Beata Hyży-Czołpińska, Telewizja Polska (Białystok), Poland, Documentary film, 13 min.
Before the War, Brańsk was a typical Podlasie town, with over half of its residents being Jewish. However, this is a special place on the map of Poland and Europe. It was here that the most Jews were saved – as a percentage of the number of residents. Thanks to their neighbours, Poles, they avoided the Nazi pogrom. This film attempts to answer the question – What is the explanation for this phenomenon of extraordinary sacrifice and courage as shown by the residents of Brańsk?
- Sprawiedliwi wśród Narodów Świata, Dariusz Walusiak, Poland, Documentary film
This film tells of the heroism of Józef and Wiktoria Ulma.
- Stella, Maciej Pawlicki , 2015, Poland, Documentary film, 55 min
The central figure of this film is Stella Zylbersztakn Tzur, a Jew from Haifa, who was saved with the help of more than twenty Polish families in the area of Łosice. This is a portrait of a courageous woman who remembers the past. It is an unforgettable past which affected her future but which, at the same time, emphasizes that it is the present which is the most important.
- Survivors of the Shoah- cykl filmów o Sprawiedliwych, Visual History Foundation założona przez Stevena Spielberga
- Świat Józefa, Rafał Wieczyński, 2009, Poland, Documentary film, 52 min
The narrator plays the role of Józef Ulm of Markowa who, with his wife, hides the Szall and Goldman families. The film introduces the viewer to the realities of the 1930’s and 1940’s. It is the dramatic story of death as the result of being denounced by a Polish policeman. The film is based on actual letters and documents.
- The Courage to Care, Robert H. Gardner, USA, Documentary film, 30 min
The story of Jews rescued in several European countries, including Poland.
- The Other Side of Faith, Sy Rotter, USA, Documentary film, 27 min
This documentary tells the story of Stefania Podgórska Burzmińska (Righteous Among the Nations) who, as a sixteen-year-old girl and guided by a deep Catholic faith, saved thirteen Jews in Przemyśl. Josef, her husband, also appears in the film – he is one of the Jews whom she rescued.
- They Risked Their Lives: Rescuers of the Holocaust, Gay Block, USA, Documentary film, 54 min
This film includes interviews with individuals who rescued Jews in various countries. It features Poles Zofia Wieczorek -Avni, Gertruda Bablińska, Stefania Podgórska -Burzmińska, Jan Karski and Stefan Raczyński. It also includes statements by those who were rescued.