Watch films incorporating themes related to the rescue of Jews during the Holocaust; our Museum will be happy to provide you with information on both Polish and foreign films on this subject, including both documentaries and feature films. Each item pertaining to a specific film includes a brief description and a plot summary.
- Sąsiedzi, Agnieszka Arnold, Telewizja Polska - Agencja Filmowa (dla Programu 2), Poland, Documentary film, 117 min
This film tells the story of the Jedwabne pogrom. It also tells the story of Antonina Wyrzykowska, Righteous Among the Nations, who hid seven Jews. Sadly, after the War, Wyrzykowska had to move home due to being repeatedly persecuted for providing that help. The film also tells of other rescuers, including Leon Dziedzic and Stanisław Ramotowski.
- Shoah, Claude Lanzmann, France, Documentary film, 57 min
This film includes a half-hour interview with Jan Karski who was, in 1982, honoured with the title of Righteous Among the Nations. He describes his visit to the Warsaw ghetto and talks about his attempts to influence the policies of the Western powers by reporting on the Holocaust of the Jews to important individuals such as Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
- Shtetl, Marian Marzyński, USA, Documentary film, 177 min
Marian Marzyński was rescued, as a child from the Warsaw ghetto, by a Polish family. He was taken to Brańsk, a small town in the east of Poland. The film also includes a conversation with Bolesław Zapiski who, with his family, extended help to Jews.
- So Many Miracles, Katherine Smalley i Vic Sarin, Canada, Documentary film, 58 min
Well-known Canadian actor Saul Rubinek, with his parents, travels to Poland at the request of Zofia Bania. She, together with her husband Ludwik and son Mańko, had hidden his parents for twenty-eight months in the one room house. The docu-drama recreates some particularly difficult moments in Pińczów, including the overnight accommodation of German soldiers in the home where Izrael and Frania were hiding.
- Sprawiedliwi, Krzysztof Mironowicz, Towarzystwo im. Edyty Stein, Polska
- Sprawiedliwi, Janusz Kidawa, Wytwórnia Filmów Dokumentalnych i Fabularnych (Warszawa), Poland, Documentary film
A documentary containing reports for the period of the War.
- Sprawiedliwi, Maria Wiśnicka, AW Film Studio, Telewizja Polska - II Program Zespół Reporterów, Poland, Documentary film, 45 min.
Stories of Poles who extended help to Jews and the fate of the survivors. In addition to many individual stories, the film includes a conversation with Samuel Krakowski, from the Yad Vashem Institute, who talks about the Polish Righteous.
- Sprawiedliwi wśród..., Beata Hyży-Czołpińska, Telewizja Polska (Białystok), Poland, Documentary film, 13 min.
Before the War, Brańsk was a typical Podlasie town, with over half of its residents being Jewish. However, this is a special place on the map of Poland and Europe. It was here that the most Jews were saved – as a percentage of the number of residents. Thanks to their neighbours, Poles, they avoided the Nazi pogrom. This film attempts to answer the question – What is the explanation for this phenomenon of extraordinary sacrifice and courage as shown by the residents of Brańsk?
- Sprawiedliwi wśród Narodów Świata, Dariusz Walusiak, Poland, Documentary film
This film tells of the heroism of Józef and Wiktoria Ulma.
- Stella, Maciej Pawlicki , 2015, Poland, Documentary film, 55 min
The central figure of this film is Stella Zylbersztakn Tzur, a Jew from Haifa, who was saved with the help of more than twenty Polish families in the area of Łosice. This is a portrait of a courageous woman who remembers the past. It is an unforgettable past which affected her future but which, at the same time, emphasizes that it is the present which is the most important.