Watch films incorporating themes related to the rescue of Jews during the Holocaust; our Museum will be happy to provide you with information on both Polish and foreign films on this subject, including both documentaries and feature films. Each item pertaining to a specific film includes a brief description and a plot summary.
- Maria i Anna, Jacek Knopp, 2008, Poland, Documentary film, 27 min
This film features Maria Dworzecka. She was two-years-old when, in 1943, she left the ghetto. She was hidden by Lucyna Białowarczyk. On the graves of Lucyna and her husband, Maria erected a monument with the inscription “Whoever saves one life, saves the entire world – Marysia and her daughter Ania”.
- Messengers Without an Audience, Willy Lindwer, AVA Productions, USA, Documentary film, 52 min
This documentary contains interviews with Jan Karski, Gerhart Riegner, Jan Nowak and Władysław Bartoszewski, who were the first to tell the West about the extermination of the Jews.
- Miłość była jego siłą, Małgorzata Imielska, 2006, Poland, Documentary film, 23 min
This film is from the “Sprawiedliwi” (Righteous) series. Jerzy Bielecki was transported to the Auschwitz concentration camp. There, he experienced hunger, torture and murderous labour. There he learned how bestial man can be. Around him was a hell created by people for people. However, in this place forgotten by God, he encountered a miracle, He met a woman with whom he shared a great emotion. Cyla Zacharewicz was a Jew whose entire family had been murdered in the gas chambers. She would probably perish there too. But, through their love, she and Jerzy did the impossible. There, in Auschwitz, they managed to avoid death, Jerzy Bielecki was honoured by the Yad Vashem Instutute with the title of Righteous Among the Nations.
- Młodość w czasach Zagłady, Małgorzata Imielska, Telewizja Polska - I Program Redakcja Programów Publicystycznych, Agencja Produkcji Filmowej, Studio Filmowe Kalejdoskop, Poland, Documentary film, 46 min.
Jerzy Kamieniecki was one of those who spoke, almost constantly, about their experiences. He believed that he owed it to those who had been murdered, tormented and starved. Today, he is eighty-two-years-old. In this film, he recalls the most important events of his long life, especially his youth which coincided with the period of the Holocaust. He also talks about his friendship, during his youth, with Janusz Malinowski, who saved his life and also the lives of others.
- Młodziutka staruszka, Henryk Jantos, Henryk Jantos , 2008, Poland, Documentary film, 46 min
A film about the life and artistic career of Stefania Grodzieńska, the wife of Jerzy Jurandot. Together, they were in the Warsaw ghetto and, together, they were in hiding on “the Aryan side”. Compassion and suffering are central to Grodzieńska’s poems, which are dedicated to the Jewish children whom she watched die.
- Moja misja, Waldemar Piasecki, Michał Fajbusiewicz, Poland, Documentary film, 74 min
This films tells of the life and activities of the famous courier of the Polish Underground State – Jan Karski.
- Moja wielka rodzina, Małgorzata Imielska, WirFilm Studio (dla Programu 1 TVP), Cykl "Sprawiedliwi" , Polska, dokumentalny, 19 min.
- Moje wybory, Małgorzata Imielska, WirFilm Studio (dla Programu 1 TVP), Cykl "Sprawiedliwi", , Polska, dokumentalny, 18 min.
- Mój tata Henryk Sławik, Marek Maldis, Jan Zub, Regionalna Agencja Producencka, Telewizja Polska (Katowice) (dla TV 3 Regionalnej), , Polska, dokumentalny, 12 min.