We invite you to take advantage of our database concerning the works dedicated to the subject of the Righteous (including both those aimed at researchers and at the casual reader), the available memoirs and reports as well as press articles pertaining to the relations between Poles and Jews during World War II, the attitudes of Poles towards Jews during the Holocaust and to the activities of the Righteous Among Nations.
- Eliyahu Jones, Żydzi Lwowa w okresie okupacji 1939-1945, Łódź1999
The book is about the Lviv ghetto and the Janów camp. However, in the chapter entitled “Ci, którzy oddali duszę swoją ratując Żydów” (“Those who devoted their souls to save Jews”), the author compiles and describes all the cases of rescuing Jews by Poles and Ukrainians in Lviv and the surrounding region. Another chapter focuses on the activity of the Lviv branch of the Council to Aid Jews.
- Engelking Barbara, Leociak Jacek, Getto warszawskie. Przewodnik po nieistniejącym mieście, Warszawa2001
The publication carefully reconstructs the non-existent Jewish quarter in Warsaw. The authors put emphasis on the description of everyday life of the ghetto.
- Engelking Barbara, Leociak Jacek, Żydzi w powstańczej Warszawie, Warszawa2009
The authors collected all the archival material dispersed in Poland and Israel on the participation of Jews in the Warsaw Uprising. They found a number of previously unknown accounts and gathered most of the known literature. They carefully reconstructed the facts and verified the accounts and testimony.
- Engelking Barbara, Leociak Jacek, Libionka Dariusz i in., Zagłada Żydów Studia i Materiały, nr 4, Warszawa2008
Libionka Dariusz, Polish Works on the Organized and Individual Help Offered to Jews, 1945-2008
- Engelking Barbara, Leociak Jacek, Libionka Dariusz red., Prowincja noc. Życie i zagłada Żydów w dystrykcie warszawskim, Warszawa2007
Melchior Małgorzata, Ghetto Runaways on the “Aryan side” in the Warsaw District Province – the Ways of Survival. An overview of different ways employed by Jews to survive on the “Aryan side” in the province; discusses such problems as saving Jews by Poles.